Assistant Professor of Graphic Design/Visual Communication
This job is expired.
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) is one of 23 campuses within the California State University system. The University is the premier comprehensive public university in the heart of Los Angeles. Cal State LA is ranked number one in the U.S. for the upward mobility of its students, and is dedicated to engagement, service, and the public good. We offer nationally recognized programs in science, the arts, business, criminal justice, engineering, nursing, education, ethnic studies, and the humanities. Our faculty have a strong commitment to scholarship, research, creative pursuits, community engagement, and service.
Our 240,000 alumni reflect the City and County’s dynamic mix of populations. The University has one of the most diverse student populations of any college or university in the nation. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, and Asian-American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, Cal State LA recognizes the transformative power of education and embraces its duty to identify and serve the needs of all of its students. The University is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live, work and learn in an atmosphere of civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual.
Los Angeles, USA
07 Oct 2019
06 Oct 2020
Please submit the following in a single PDF to the Search Committee Chair at the email address below:
1) A cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, and approach to teaching design.
2) A curriculum vitae.
3) A narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
4) A list of three professional references.
5) A University Application for Employment Form
6) Visual material that addresses minimum and preferred qualifications. Clearly identify these materials and submit no more than 12 total examples in a single PDF.
Finalists will be required to submit:
1) Official transcripts.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please email all application materials in a single PDF to: GDVC19@calstatela.edu. Please type “GD/VC Assistant Professor Application” in the subject line.
Please address all questions to the search committee chair Jimmy Moss at: GDVC19@calstatela.edu or 323-343-4010.