Call for chapters
We invite authors to submit a proposal which will be peer-reviewed and if successful then a chapter for the internationally edited volume DESIGN IN ACTION Reflections on Social and Inclusive practices. This edited volume will create links between research and creative design practices in a post-pandemic era through cross-disciplinarily communication and philosophies of current and future design inclusion. It will incorporate writings by individuals who develop leading creative practice and theory-based research that enhances the interactions across numerous disciplines through a series of chapters.
Keywords: Design, Diversity, Inclusivity, Practice-research, social design, Creative industries, Interdisciplinarity, Architecture, Anthropology, Urban spaces
Submission Road Map
- EXTENDED 3 January 2023: deadline for proposals (300 words + references)
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL here
- 30 January 2023: End of proposals’ peer review process and email of acceptances sent to potential contributors/authors
- 10 March 2023: Full Chapter Submission
- 28 March 2023: Ending of full chapters’ peer review process and feedback to authors
- 15 April 2023: Final chapter submission for publication
- May 2023: Final book manuscript
- to introduce new forms of practice research in the area of inclusive design, and social design in action
- to introduce interdisciplinary links and crossovers from a wide range of authors
- to provide new concepts/ideas of practice research and how it can amalgamate with current and future cultural, political and social innovations/challenges
- to reflect on how existing design processes and/ or products influence the post-pandemic society we live in.
With its specific focus on multidisciplinary design philosophies, the proposed book would be of interest to educators, scholars, students and practitioners situated not only in the Art and Design sector but also beyond it. This would be very much in keeping with the rapid changes in creative practices in a wide range of disciplines, providing opportunities for multidisciplinary and multicultural collaborations.
- Length of the book: 60000 words
- Publisher: INTELLECT
- Chapter length 4000-4500 words
- You can also propose up to 4 images (copyright details link below)
For more information please visit Intellect’s guidance for Authors and Editors at https://www.intellectbooks.com/book-authors-and-editors
Authors are invited to submit an abstract (max 300 words) and a list of references by
November 30, 2022. extended to 3 January 2023
For submitting your proposal, please follow the link below:
About the book Author
Professor Anastasios Maragiannis, PhD, FRSA, PFHEA, is the Head of School of Design at the University of Greenwich, leading areas of Architecture, Design Anthropology, Media, Landscape and Urbanism; a Professor of Inclusive Design and Governor of the University of Greenwich Board of Governors, with significant Inter/National experience of Design, Architecture and Creative Arts.
By combining design diversity, and design Inclusion, Anastasios helps Institutions, academics, students, and creative industries become inclusive, human-focused, spatially efficient, and sustainable. With more than 20 years of experience working with governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations worldwide to ensure inclusive methods and equitable quality spaces for all. This includes organisations ranging from the European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC), the Cyprus High Commission, the Greek Forum for Refugees, the World Design Organization, to the International Institute for Information Design (UNESCO partner organisation where he was awarded for his research).
in addition, Anastasios was one of the five WDO and International Space Station (ISS) design leaders for the ‘Design in Space for Life on Earth” project.
For more information please contact Prof Anastasios Maragiannis firstname.lastname@example.org
for more info
or email the Editor Prof Anastasios Maragiannis