Sustainability SIG promotes research in Design for Sustainability. It aims to build an international network of researchers working in this area to develop design for sustainability theory and practice and to foster effective and diverse collaborations between academia and other organisations.
Sustainability SIG provides an international platform for design academics, design practitioners and students and to exchange knowledge about how the ambitions for sustainability can be met within the work of design and how such work can be developed together, around the world.
The mains aims of this SIG are to:
• bring members together;
• create international forums for discussion;
• support collaborative partnerships in research and practice
• increase opportunities for knowledge exchange between academia and other contexts such as industry, policy, NGOs.
• forge relationships with other sustainability-oriented research bodies
• develop opportunities to drive policy and funding agendas
The governance and aims of the Sustainability SIG are currently under review. This discussion will take place in our Discussion Forum (via email). If this is an area of design research that interests you, become a member of the Sustainability SIG and join in the discussion.
If you are interested in joining Sustainability SIG please contact the convenor Emma Dewberry (Open University, UK).