The vision for this book is to provide collegiate educators from all disciplines with a manual for implementing critique, a process of feedback well-known and utilized among design disciplines. The book will feature a collection of immersive critiquing activities that engage students and instructors alike. They include anecdotal accounts of trying new things in unusual learning environments, as well as theory-based approaches and scientific investigations concerning design pedagogy.
The editors are interested in submittals that address a broad range of categories including (but not limited to) design critiquing strategies:
- Across design disciplines
- For non-design classes
- For alternative learning environments
- That employ the use of technology and/or online tools
- That enhance the awareness of community, diversity, and inclusion
- That explore variable teaching and learning styles, including those specific to Generation Z
Accepting submissions October 15, 2019 through January 15, 2020. Go to https://z.umn.edu/effectivedesign.