Special Interest Group on Sustainability (Sustainability SIG)
Convenor: Dr Rhoda Trimingham, Loughborough University
The DRS has established this Special Interest Group as a way of providing its members with a forum for developing specific interests in sustainability and to enable them to engage and work actively together around the world.
Sustainability SIG broadly promotes the field of Sustainable Design, including global dimensions and the millennium development goals. It aims to build a large sustainable design research group network, raising the level of sustainable design research, link researchers and promote collaborations, provide peer support for research in sustainable design as well as a platform for the dissemination of sustainable design research to industry and vice versa and promote collaborations between industry and academia.
Sustainability SIG provides an international platform for researchers, design practitioners, design educators, students and the general public to exchange knowledge about sustainability. The mains aims of the SIG are:
- Bringing members together
- Creation of an international forum for discussion
- Raise the level of sustainable design research, link researchers and promote collaborations
- Provide peer support for research in sustainable design
- Provide a platform for the dissemination of sustainable design research to industry and vice versa and promote collaborations between industry and academia
- Provide a platform for industry and academia to access expertise from one another.
- Create a new platform for Sustainable Design network activities
- Forge relationships with other design research organisations (such as the Design Society)
- Create a large body of researchers to help drive policy and funding agendas
- Engage with public engagement activities
The Sustainability SIG is convened by Dr Rhoda Trimingham (Loughborough University), Dr Carolina Escobar-Tello (Loughborough University), Dr Fiona Charnley (University of Cranfield) and Dr Dan Lockton (Helen Hamlyn Centre).
Join us on LinkedIn SustainabilitySIG