DRS Student Membership
Student Members of the Society are those who have paid the student fee of £30 which covers your membership for 3 years, or until the end of your study. As with standard membership, student members enjoy a number of Member benefits.
As a Student Member of the DRS you are entitled to vote in the annual Council Elections, you can also apply for a DRS Student Research Bursary. You are eligible for reduced delegate fees to DRS and DRS sponsored events.
The website carries news of events, seminars and conferences which you may wish to attend, and calls for papers at significant international meetings.
DRS has a number of Special Interest Groups Special Interest Groups which you might want to join, including:
- Experiential Knowledge (EKSIG)
- Design for Health, Wellbeing and Happiness (SIGWELL)
- Design Pedagogy (PedSIG)
- Objects, Practices, Experiences, Networks (OPENSiG)
- Inclusive Design Research SIG (Inclusive SIG)
- Sustainability SIG
- Design for Behaviour Change (Behaviour Change SIG)
- Design Management (DM SIG)
- Design for Tangible, Embedded and Networked Technologies (tentSIG)
To be eligible for a student membership, you must provide evidence that you are currently pursuing a post-graduate qualification in a design-related area by filling out an application form prior to purchasing a student membership.